I can’t believe it’s already Saturday! The week slipped by before I realized I hadn’t even put up my post about the food prep I did last weekend! Before I knew it, it was already time to start planning what I would be having this coming week.
So, here it is, albeit late: my recount of my first shot at clean eating food prep. And I promise to try to show you what all I get done this weekend a little sooner! Who knows? Maybe I’ll shoot for Monday or Tuesday next week 🙂
All in all, I think my first weekend food prep went fairly well. I have some healthy eats stocked in the fridge for the upcoming work week and had a chance to try out some new recipes. Here’s a little bit of what I did this weekend:
- Baked chicken breasts (I’ll use these in salads and other dishes)
- Grilled chicken breasts (because you can never have too much chicken on hand)
- Grilled asparagus spears, drizzled with a little olive oil and seasoned with lemon and pepper. I also threw on a red pepper that was almost past its point of use. I’m still not sure what I’ll end up using it for.
- Back in the kitchen, I tried a new breakfast recipe that I need to tweak a little before sharing with you.
- Roasted a batch of Spicy Sweet Potatoes–super easy and so good! Half of these went in the fridge and the other half became part of my dinner. 🙂
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with lemon and pepper
- Hard boiled eggs
- Chocolate Protein Bars from Lean Clean PB Machine
- Cleaned and prepped strawberries, blueberries and raspberries I’ll add to yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and salads
- I also found a little extra time to fiddle around with a new breakfast recipe. It still needs some tweaking before I share though 😉
What about you? Any good recipes or food prep ideas you would like to share? Please send me a comment or feel free to link to your page (if you have a post about it)